Friday, May 9, 2014

King Bone Press: The Early Years




In February of 2001 I painted this little postcard sized self portrait. Not a very good painting or likeness but I did seem to like it at the time. I don't know which came first, this or the ink drawing of the same image. What I do know is that the ink drawing  was used for the initial King Bone Press logo. This was long before Westhoff joined, and subsequently took over 95% of the KBP publishing duties, and adorned the back covers of the three issues of b-one comics volume one. I have not been able to locate that particular piece of artwork but when I do I'll be sure to post it.

Not all change is good, but holy hell am I glad that I got rid of this thing once we started publishing again years later.

-Bobgar Ornelas

No comments:

Blog Archive

Followers